Sharing files is an integral feature of having a smartphone, whether it be pictures and videos, documents, or large collections of files. For the small things, a simple message over Facebook or email is generally sufficient, but if you’re someone who is frequently sending large files, such as movies, presentations, or spreadsheets, or large collections of high-res photos, then it can be necessary to put them on an external storage device and physically hand them over to someone.
Not anymore. With the latest version of SHAREit APK, you can transfer files with other devices with exceptionally high speeds. The files go straight into the device’s storage and there’s no need for ZIP files or USB sticks. The app achieves this by establishing a direct WiFi connection between two devices – this means that the transfer is much quicker than on a regular WiFi connection, and up to 50 times faster than Bluetooth. The developers claim that speeds can reach up to 200 times faster than Bluetooth at 20M/s.
Being able to share files in this way opens up a convenient way to get what you’re sharing to where it needs to be without having to sit around waiting for it to send. It also removes the need for outdated external devices (not that those don’t sometimes come in handy). Of course, the thing here is that you do need to be in the presence of the device you’re sharing with, therefore it can’t be used for sending files long distances – that’s when compressing your files will become the most effective means of transfer.
How SHAREit Works
As we mentioned above, SHAREit on Android works by opening up a direct WiFi connection between your device (Android, iOS, PC, etc) and the one you’re trying to share files with. This means that the connection is interrupted and works much faster than if you were using a public WiFi network.
The app also features a media player and a music player so that you can use media files that have been sent to you in a high-quality format. On top of that, it comes wrapped up in a neat looking interface and is relatively easy to use. That being said, there are a couple of tricks that the developers have failed to mention in the instructions on using the app.
- Quick Share: When the app runs smooth it shares files at lightning speed. This is without doubt the key feature of SHAREit apk for Android. While sometimes the app doesn’t quite live up to all the hype surrounding it, for the most part it seems to function effectively.
- Convenience: Being able to quickly share files without the need for a file extraction software on your phone or an external storage device is very useful – especially in an office environment, or for creatives and photographers.
- Media Player: SHAREit – new version – also comes equipped with a decent media player so you don’t even need to leave the app when watching videos that someone has sent you. This is a cool feature and the media player is actually on-par with other ones on the market. It’s a clever addon feature, and we like it!
- Music Player: In much the same fashion, the new version of SHAREit also added a music player to the app so you don’t have to leave when someone sends you a song. These additional features clearly demonstrate that the developers know exactly what their app is being used for, and they’re more than happy to go the extra mile to make it more convenient for users.
- Free: The app is totally free to use – although, it does contain ads. As we usually point out, if you’re getting a quality app that a developer spent months or even years putting together, then it’s only fair that you either pay for it or expect some ads. The developers have to make money otherwise we don’t get opur cool apps!
- Discover: In an effort to expand on the media features, SHAREit apk actually comes with a Trending Music section for you to discover new material. This is an odd feature in some respects and is certainly a step away from the whole original point of the app. That being said, it’s a pretty cool add on, and it doesn’t get in the way of the file transfer feature. So what the hell, we’re game for it.
- Wallpapers: You can also discover wallpapers, GIFs and stickers on the app. It’s like they’re taken the whole concept of sharing things and decided that they just want to share everything with you now as well as let you do that with all you pals. Well, like we said above, it doesn’t get in the way of the main functions of the app and it actually allows you to find new stuff that you can share with your friends.
- Interface: Lastly, everything on the app actually looks really neat. The music and media players are sleek and the functions are easy to use. Taking a simple approach to all the features and content on the app was a good idea that prevents it from looking crammed.
How to download SHAREit APK
Now, SHAREit is available for Android, iOS and Windows devices. Users can get free download for the latest version of the app by clicking the link above this article. Then, install it as usual.
That being said, for the most part the app works well and if we had to give it a verdict, it’d be that this is certainly worth your time. Press the download button at the top of this page to be redirected to Google Play Store where you can get it for free. Enjoy!