What is WeChat?
WeChat is a cross-platform chat application, which is available in most devices, such as Windows/Mac computers, smartphones running iOS/Android operating systems, and even old-fashioned phones like Nokia Symbian/Blackberry. If you don’t have a smartphone, you can still use WeChat online for PC.
Before you start using the app, as with similar services like WhatsApp or LINE, you’ll have to associate your phone number with a personal account, which should take only a few minutes. Once you’ve done this, you’ll be able to see a list of people from your contacts who are also using WeChat.
WeChat lets you keep in touch with anyone who uses the same application, independent of the operating system that person uses, be it Android or iOS. You can send text messages to individuals and groups, pictures, videos, voice messages, GPS information, and even make video calls in high definition.
All the conversations you have through WeChat will be saved to your device but not to the server, so only you can access them, and only from your device. No one else. This way, you can have conversations without worrying about them being saved to the cloud or on some external server.
- MORE WAYS TO CHAT: Message friends using text, photo, voice, video, location sharing, and more. Create group chats with up to 500 members.
- VOICE & VIDEO CALL: High-quality voice and video calls to anywhere in the world. Make group video calls with up to 9 people.
- REAL-TIME LOCATION: Not good at explaining directions? Share your real-time location with the press of a button.
- MOMENTS: Share your favorite moments. Post photos, videos, and more to your Moments stream.
- TIME CAPSULE (NEW!): Share glimpses of your day. Record short videos to post in your Time Capsule before they disappear in 24 hours.
- STICKER GALLERY: Browse thousands of fun, animated stickers to help express yourself in chats, including stickers with your favorite cartoon and movie characters.
- CUSTOM STICKERS: Make chatting more unique with custom stickers and the new Selfie Stickers feature.
- OFFICIAL ACCOUNTS: Tons of accounts to follow with original content and news for your reading pleasure.
- MINI PROGRAMS: Countless third-party services all within the WeChat app that don’t require additional installation, saving you precious phone storage and time.
- TOP STORIES: See the latest articles your friends are reading and discover all kinds of interesting content.
- GAMES: Have fun and compete with friends in a huge selection of WeChat Mini Games and Tencent Games (*only available in certain regions).
- WECHAT PAY: Enjoy the convenience of world-leading mobile payment features with WeChat Pay and Wallet (*only available in certain regions).
- WECHAT OUT: Make calls to mobile phones and landlines around the globe at super low rates (*only available in certain regions).
- LANGUAGE SUPPORT: Localized in 20 different languages and can translate friends’ messages and Moments posts.
- BETTER PRIVACY: Giving you the highest level of control over your privacy, WeChat is the only messaging app to be certified by TRUSTe.
- AND MUCH MORE: Exercise with friends on WeRun, scan QR codes, and much more.
How to download WeChat APK
The app is popular worldwide now it’s available on any platform. Therefore, you can download WeChat for all devices using the links above this article. After you have successfully installed it, you open the app and allow it to notify you so that you can receive information/messages from your friends on WeChat.
How to register a WeChat account
Step 1. You need to use your personal phone number as a WeChat account. Please enter the phone number and press Register. Click OK when it asks if you want to receive verification codes via SMS.
Step 2. Enter the confirmation code in your SMS. Then press Send.
Step 3. At this point, you just need to enter the account name to login the app. Besides, you can also click on the head icon to select your avatar or take your photo immediately.
Step 4. When you first log in WeChat, there will be no friend in your account. For that reason, you should sync it with your phone contacts and allow it to automatically search for friends.
WeChat is an alternative way of communicating. You can use it to establish conversations with the speed and ease that are typical of this kind of applications. The only drawback is that its user base is smaller compared to other apps.